Subscription terms and conditions
Subscriptions are restricted to the current calendar year. Previous years' content subscriptions are subject to availability; if there is stock the price will be that of a current year subscription.
All Fundación Infancia y Aprendizaje (FIA) journals' subscriptions include print and online access to the subscribed journals' electronic content through IngentaConnect. Content available online depends on the type of subscription.
Individual subscriptions may be ordered by natural persons only and must be destined to exclusively personal use (thus excluding societies, companies, organizations and any other artificial persons).
Individual subscribers are entitled to full text access for current year issues of the subscribed journal. If the individual subscription is correctly renewed and no payment interruptions occur, access to previous years will be maintained. If the individual subscriber has held a subscription in previous years but has not activated online access, access activation to the subscribed journal's content may be requested for all the years during which a valid, paid subscription was held, provided payment is confirmed for all the years for which access is requested.
All subscriptions intended for collective use and/or within the work environment of any private or public organization (universities, associations, societies, companies and any other artificial persons) will be considered institutional.
Institutional subscribers are entitled to full text access to all published content for the subscribed journal in IngentaConnect.
Subscriptions to FIA journals include print issues' surface postage. Upon receiving payment of a subscription, FIA will send all the subscribed journal's issues thereto published within the subscription year. In no case will FIA send print issues prior to receiving and confirming subscription payment.
In the event of change of address, the customer must send notice a minimum of six weeks in advance providing subscription number and new address details.
In order to activate and renew online subscription it is indispensable to hold a paid subscription to the current year, as well as to hold a valid subscription number (unique to each subscription, the number starts with 51 followed by three or four digits), essential to validate access.
A cancellation of a subscription for any cause implies immediate cancellation of online access to electronic content. Download of any full text content using an active online subscription voids the right to receive any refund for a canceled subscription (see cancellation and refund policies below ).
Contents available through IngentaConnect (full text access through institutional subscription or pay per view):
|Infancia y Aprendizaje||1994-2012||19||76||675||9944|
|Cultura y Educación||1994-2012||19||76||673||9916|
|Estudios de Psicología||1994-2012||19||53||388||6894|
|Revista de Psicología Social||1994-2012||19||53||393||6952|
Electronic content published prior to 1994 is available completely free through Dialnet
Renewal invoices and online bill payments are automatically forwarded on a yearly basis at the end of December. When you receive your invoice, we strongly recommend that you forward payment as soon as possible in order for the renewal process to be completed uneventfully.
FIA complimentarily ships the first issue of the calendar year, but no other issues will be sent until subscription payment has been received and correctly identified against a valid subscription number. FIA denies all liability for any renewal problems caused by an incorrect identification of a subscription, be it due to the absence of a valid subscription number or of the end customer's required data, a change of subscription agency or any other cause.
For online subscription renewal FIA offers a grace period of three months starting January 1st of each calendar year to allow for current year subscription payment, and during which access to all subscribed content is maintained. When the first three months of the year are over, if subscription payment has not been received or correctly identified, online access will be cancelled and interrupted. FIA denies all liability for incorrect subscription identification due to the absence of a valid subscription number or of the end customer's required data, a change of subscription agency or any other cause. On March 30th all non-identified and/or unpaid online subscriptions will be cancelled and interrupted.
Buying our subscriptions
You may subscribe to FIA journals through the following means:
-This Website's prices and orders section de revistas en esta página Web1
-Your subscription agency or specialized bookstore2
1 Only for individual and institutional customers, through credit card (VISA/MasterCard) or PayPal account payment on PayPal's secure payment server.
2 Subscription agencies and bookstores may visit this section for further info on ordering a subscription
Payment methods and currency
FIA only accepts payments in Euros. FIA denies all liability regarding problems in subscription or renewal management caused by payment in a currency other than Euros.
FIA accepts the following methods of payment:
-PayPal (only through this Website's orders section)
-Credit Card: VISA or MasterCard1
-Check in Euros2
-Bank transfer in Euros3
-Online bill payment (only within Spain)4
1 You may pay with your credit card both through our orders section (through PayPal's secure payment server) as well as by contacting our
2 Checks in Euros may be forwarded to: Fundación Infancia y Aprendizaje. Pº Naranjo de Bulnes, 69. 28707 Madrid, Spain
Refund and cancellation policy
For subscriptions to any of its journals and in any of the available modalities, Fundación Infancia y Aprendizaje (FIA) establishes the following conditions for subscription cancellations and, in case of already paid subsriptions, full refund of the subscription or subscriptions payment.
Payment will be considered final only if it has been forwarded to FIA or its subscription management department, Maxipack, and under the criteria established by FIA or Maxipack.
Conditions for subscription cancellation and payment refund
1) Refund or cancellation must be requested within 30 calendar days after payment receipt by FIA or its subscription management department, Maxipack.
2) Customers must not activate online access, or download any content whatsoever through an account associated with the subscription for which refund is being requested. If the customer has activated online subscription and/or downloaded any content cancellation will be denied, and any pending payments will be claimed
3) Customers must return any print issues received through the subscription for which cancellation is being requested within a maximum of 30 days after cancellation request. Payment will be refunded only upon reception, at FIA or Maxipack's offices, of all issues (in perfect conditions) sent through the cancelled subscription. If any of the returned issues are damaged or in bad condition the customer will be charged with the established price of a paper issue for each damaged issue (if payment is refunded, the amount will be substracted from the total amount to be refunded).
Cancellation and refund costs
1) If cancellation is requested due to an error on behalf of FIA or Maxipack (wrong journal or issues shipment, wrong rates charged, or non-fulfillment of the terms and conditions established here), all refund costs (bank transfers, check shipments, credit card refunds, currency exchange and any and all bank fees and costs that may arise), paper issues shipments, and any other costs related to subscription cancellation and payment refund will be taken care of by FIA.
2) If no errors may be attributed to FIA or Maxipack have not committed any errors in paper issue shipment, fulfillment of the subscription terms and conditions and/or payment policies, all costs caused by paper issues returns, banking fees and commissions charged to FIA or Maxipack in the refund process (bank transfers, check shipments, credit card refunds, currency exchange and any and all bank fees and costs that may arise), and any other costs arising from subscription cancellation and payment refund will be taken care of by the customer.